Re: [VHFcontesting] Dc Power conversion for rovers

To: jdausilio@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dc Power conversion for rovers
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:00:43 -0700
ok that would be an exception to the rule.  I guess you would want to use
stand by isolated batteris as to not drain the main battery from starting
the car.

The 706 mk 2 G works great with a pre-amp and at a low voltage.   My amps
might clip out down there.  Ie charge the batts before leaving.  I
considered switching to an 857 or ft 100 so maybe I wont. My dad had
problems with his ft 100 too.

Im a yaesu man and it sounds more like theres a case to avoid the ft 100.