Re: [VHFcontesting] Dc Power conversion for rovers

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dc Power conversion for rovers
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:51:54 -0600
frank bechdoldt wrote:
> Top 10 Things to improve first in a rough order.
> 1.    Location and population density/ activity.
> 2.    Elevation.
> 3.    Antenna
> 4.    Power/ Amplification
> 5.    Radio
> 6.    Accessories
> 7.    Coffee
> 8.    Bathrooms (moves to number one when it hits ya)
> 9.    food
> 10.    pepper spray

Do you consider the logging computer an "Accessory"?  I ask, because
having the right keyboard location/setup and the right laptop can really
make an effect in your Q rate, if you log on a computer... and I can't
imagine logging on paper at 4 Q's a minute or faster...

What do you like?  Personally I've found that I like RoverLog.  Simple
one-handed operation (if necessary) and while there are extras/frills
available, the design is obviously written around simplicity for the
basic task of logging first, and then the frills are treated as add-ons
in separate windows, etc.

Free (well, everyone using it should send a donation) isn't bad either!

Nate WY0X