Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

To: "'John D'Ausilio'" <jdausilio@gmail.com>,<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering
From: "James Ahlgren" <w4rx@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:58:49 -0400
John,

That is disheartening indeed.  But you are wrong when you say there is no
motivation to work rovers except when they are in a rare grid.  Most rovers
have good bandswitching dexterity and know how to use it, i.e., they are a
big payoff in microwave points much faster than other ways to get 'em.  I
think I echo the sentiments of most fixed station operators (single and
multi) when I say that I welcome calls from ALL rovers, whatever their grid.

Keep up the good work....

73,

Jim
W4RX