[VHFcontesting] Hy-Gain 214FM yagi performance

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, sidewindersontwo@yahoogroups.com,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Hy-Gain 214FM yagi performance
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:32:12 -0800 (PST)
This past weekend I picked up a used Hy-Gain 214FM
(pre MFJ) 14 element 2m yagi, and installed it this
afternoon (thank goodness 4 year old daughters still
need naps).  What kind of performer is this antenna?
I can bring up some distant repeaters with it pretty
good, in spite of the cross polarization loss, and it
loads up fine on 144.200, but there isn't any 2m ssb
activity right now to try it with.  Anyone on the list
used one of these antennas before?

73s John AA5JG
Grid EM04to