Re: [VHFcontesting] cherry picking

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] cherry picking
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:40:16 -0800
And I frequently enter as a multi-op even though I am single op, because I
disagree with the "one signal at a time" rule for single ops that was
imposed when the HF based general competition rules were added.  Oh well,
just alternate between properly sequenced alternating periods and you have
the same result and are single op (SO2R), or more with interlocks.  No rule
that a multi-op has to have more than one operator.

At 09:24 AM 12/16/2007 -0800, kb7dqh@donobi.net wrote:
>How about this for a "wrinkle"... I know of a multiop that entered in the
>Unlimited class, but because they operated fewer than five bands they were
>"reclassified" as limited, although their score was a monster and would
>have won them a division plaque in the unlimited category. Hmmmmm.....
>Eric
>KB7DQH
>

> > I think that the limited-multi class should be akin to a "beginners"
> > multi op..
> >
> >  You could get some "big gun" multi op station that scores huge numbers
> > on their bottom bands.. but know they are not going to win in the
> > regular multi class so they "move down" to the limited class and kick
> > butt... I do not feel thats right....  you should have to score all the
> > qso's that  you work.  And if someone should  decide not to use them
> > bands that they could operate,  then....  shame on them...
> >
> > W9Ray

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)