Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Multi definition

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Limited Multi definition
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:40:24 -0800 (PST)
My preference would be to see the Limited-Multi limit the
number of operators. Not the number of bands. So LM would
only allow for 2 or 3 ops, but as many bands as they can
muster. We don't want to discourage adding bands, band
limiting by bands tend to do that.

Re the "cherry picking". I don't see why that would be so bad
assuming that the unclaimed band(s) Q's are *required* to be
submitted as part of the log.

Another idea is to expand on the notion of enticing beginners
is to allow a beginner to participate in any category
(including Rover/SO categories) as a freebee. The only
restriction being that this "beginner" op would only be
allowed participate (and be log listed) as a beginner 2 times
out every 5 years, and then only once per station
participation. So for example they could be a beginer op for
one contest at SO station KZ#ZZZ, and then operte again as a
"beginner" at another station WA#AAA. After that they would
no longer be consider a beginner from a contest logging
perspective.

Duane
N9DG