[VHFcontesting] Roving rules questions

To: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving rules questions
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:29:33 -0700
John- You wrote:

> "Does it mean that there could be rover support vehicles driven by
> "drivers" that carry parts of the
> station? Does it mean that there could be equipment permanently
> installed at rover sites that an "operator" could drive between?

Yes, as I interpret the new rules this is allowed. You don't need any
radio equipment to be a rover now, you can just drive from a
permanent station in one grid to a permanent station in another grid
and operate.

Not that this is all bad, it does allow you to use permanent power in
a campground for instance, or to operate from a hotel parking lot
with a long extension cord.

> Does it mean something else I'm missing?

I think it means that they want a wide open rover class where
anything goes, so that they can avoid loopholes like grid circling/
squaring.

It will be interesting to see if more the unlimited rover class
attracts more than half a dozen entries. - Duffey
--
James Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008