[VHFcontesting] APRS while roving

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] APRS while roving
From: Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:46:11 -0800 (PST)
Here's a perfect example of the junk that is generated with unclear rules: "I
don't think rovers can emit two signals on the same band, for instance run APRS
on 144.390 and call CQ on 144.200." Why not?

  Common sense tells me that the rule about one signal per band is to keep a
two rover team from both being on the band at the same time.

  How in the world could anyone even tell if the CQ on 144.200 occurred at the
same time a rover transmitted on 144.390 for APRS purposes? Let's use some
logic here.

  Merry Christmas,
  Dave N8AG