Re: [VHFcontesting] Who's driving that rover?

To: k4gun@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Who's driving that rover?
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:27:42 -0500
 Hi Steve,

I just wanted to add that I agree with Ev, both 1 and 2 are legal and
would mean you now have a two operator Rover station.  The only impact
the new changes would make in your case, in my opinion, would be to
allow you to add additional drivers if you want.

Previously, you could only have a maximum of two people in a Rover.
Those two had to do everything.  Now you are allowed to add drivers, and
unlimited observers, as long as they don't operate the radios.

There are a few things I would prefer to be different, but over all it
appears to be a positive change.  I still need to spend some time going
over the distinctions between Rover, Limited Rover, and Unlimited Rover
classifications, however.

73
Dan
--