Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 160m VHF SS Warmup Strategy

To: Stanford VHF email Remailer <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 160m VHF SS Warmup Strategy
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:09:26 -0600 (CST)
I think CW is a must for VHF+ weak-signal work.  Many times I have not
been able to make it through with SSB but did with CW.  Listen for my weak
CW signal if you're working SSB - and you can even answer me on SSB! I'll
probably hear you better than you hear me.  :-)

I think about 95% of my QSO's on 2304 MHz and up were on CW. I've made a
few on SSB when close to the other station and made one FM QSO in the 10
GHz contest last year. Usually we just go ahead and make the QSO's on CW.

I missed the Stew Perry last year but I think I'll try to make a few QSO's
this time.

73, Zack W9SZ