[VHFcontesting] 222 FM in January

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 FM in January
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:36:27 +0000
Because I have concentrated on getting my rover rig ready for the 3 easy bands
(6, 2 and 432), I have ignored 222 up to this point.  I plan on getting that
band up and ready by June but for now, the weak signal work will be on the
other three.

For some reason, I had forgotten that my Yaesu VX6 has the 222 band.  Yes, its
only FM and I don't imagine it can get very far, but I guess it couldn't hurt
to bring it along in January.  If I can manage just a handful of contacts in 5
to 7 grids (I'll be activating 10 in the contest), I figure it will be all
gravy.

So if you're in Richmond, Virginia Beach, Eastern Shore of MD/VA, Annapolis or
the metro Washington DC area, keep your old HT handy and tuned to 223.500.  Who
knows... that could be the multiplier that puts you over the top.

Steve
K4GUN