Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS Protocols for SS 08?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS Protocols for SS 08?
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:13:38 -0600
Hi Mark.   Good questions.   I am an APRS newbie myself so I am interested
in what others may say with respect to your questions.   With the new rules
its possible that we may see some changes in how all this is done.

One thought is that a "/ p" control character will generate a "puppy", as
in rover, and that is what I am currently using in my TinyTrak.   You can
see this symbol if you go to findu.com and search for W0ZQ-1.    Can APRS
search engines display just "/ p" APRS stations ?     If rovers used "/ p",
can software be created that displays all rovers, or ??

73, Jon
W0ZQ/R