Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for a 1.2 GHz antenna.

To: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>,Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Looking for a 1.2 GHz antenna.
From: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:44:53 -0800 (PST)
I built my old WB5LUA 45-element 23cm loop yagi about
24 years ago. It's been on innumerable roves and
mountaintop contest trips. I've had to replace many
elements due mostly to the thin aluminum oxydizing and
breaking where the screw passes through to connect
them to the boom. I've found that bending the elements
doesn't really degrade the performance of my antenna.
Twisting the elements a bit also doesn't harm anything
measurably.

73,
Paul, K7CW