[VHFcontesting] VA QSO party

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VA QSO party
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:56:57 +0000
Hey guys,

I know this subject isn't strictly about VHF contesting, but I thought I'd let
you all know what my plans are.  The rules for the VA QSO party are a lot
different than some.  There is almost no SSB VHF activity in this contest.
There is however, quite a bit of FM work.  Mobile Virginia stations count as 3
points, regardless of mode.  That means a lot of Techs head to Skyline Drive
and cruise up and down the different counties with basic dual band radios,
racking up some pretty decent scores and providing other stations with very big
scores.

I don't think I'll have time to get to Skyline myself, but I will be doing some
mobile work.  I'll be on 80 meters with a screwriver antenna folded over for
NVIS work.  I'll also have my 6 meter halo in position for stations that can be
moved to other bands.  I'll have my Kenwood dual band monitoring 146.580 and
446.000.

Look for the mobiles.

Steve