[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint
From: George Sintchak/WA2VNV <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:19:27 -0400
Most of the activity was in the first 1st hour or so - then very slow to
find/get new contacts. IMD was a little rough during that 1st hour, I went
way above or below .100 but seemed like no one tuned up & down very far. I
would sit and call from SW thru NE for abt 10 min every 45 degrees or so
then I would go looking.

All in all conditions were pretty flat, the long NE coastal tropo up to FN95
got used up the previous two nights, just like what happened last week right
after the 222 sprint. And so it goes.

I needed one more grid to crack 500 pts. I'm running 100 Watts & 28 el M2
yagi at 65 ft.
35 Q's & 13 Grids = 455 total claimed score.

Tnx to K9JK - John Kalenowsky & W4SHG - Steve Gilmore, for their efforts
running (and scoring) these sprints.

73's & See ya all for the 903+ 1296 run. That's as high as I go for now.

George, WA2VNV, FN30kv.