[VHFcontesting] Camelback Mountain?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Camelback Mountain?
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:04:28 +0000
I'm already looking ahead to the September VHF QSO Party and am looking for new
places in different grids.  I think I've about had it with the Virginia Beach
area.  Its just too flat and its too difficult to get people to aim their beams
down that way.  The other problem is, with the circular route that I've been
taking, most of my contacts are inside the circle which limits the number of
multipliers I can get.

So this time, I'm looking at a start in the Pocono Mountains near the
intersection of FN21/11/20/10.  It looks like Camelback Mountain in Big Pocono
State Park has good views to New York, New Jersey and the North East.

Is this a familiar spot?  Is is easily accessible for a rover with a rack of
antennas?  Are the views as good as it looks on paper?  Are there better
choices in the area?

I'm at work and can't access the usual rover web sites.  I know I could wait
until I get home and look those up, but things are slow today.

Thanks as usual,

Steve - K4GUN/R