[VHFcontesting] 432 MHz omnidirectional and Yagi on same rover vehicle?

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Rover email remailer <rover@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 MHz omnidirectional and Yagi on same rover vehicle?
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:58:02 -0600
Can anyone share their experiences with mounting and using both an
omnidirectional and Yagi antenna on a rover at the same time. How far
apart do they need to be to prevent interaction?

I am thinking of roving in the UHF contest next month. With sparse
activity here, I should probably operate in motion so I won't miss
anyone. To this end, I am thinking of using both a omnidirectional
antenna, say stacked Big Wheels, and a Yagi, probably the 11 element
432 MHz WA5VJB Yagi. I would like to have these on the car at the same
time.

I am thinking of putting the Yagi 2 to 3 feet below the bottom wheel
of the stacked wheels. The top wheel will be about 11 ft above the
ground. When stopped the The vehicle is a Subaru Outback Wagon.

I will model this, but I would like input from someone who has
practical experience with an arrangement similar to this. Thanks -
Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey