Re: [VHFcontesting] Desperately Seeking 222!

To: <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>, "'VHF Contesting Reflector'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Desperately Seeking 222!
From: "Tom Sneden, K6VCR" <k6vcr@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:09:07 -0700
I concur with Jim's statements 100%. Steve and Sandra are awesome to work
with.
I built my DEMI 222-28 transverter from the kit. Due to my lack of
experience with transverters
there were several problems to troubleshoot. Steve and I exchanged many
emails and I finally
ended up sending it to them for a diagnosis. It was repaired and on its way
back to me
within 10 days.

If you have experience building kits or have a resource available to you to
help you along,
I'll bet they came ship you the kit within a few days. If you have the time
to build it,
have good soldering skills and can work with some surface mount components
you'll have it ready
before the contest. I spent about 20 hours constructing mine. If you have
never built something
like this, don't attempt it without help. The assembly manual assumes that
you have experience
with transverters and the many ways that they can be configured for use. It
is not a step-by-step
instruction manual (ala Heathkit). Will I build another one, absolutely. The
experience I gained from
building this one will help for the next one.

73
Tom, K6VCR