Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Circling Group & VUAC

To: <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>, <w4txs@yahoo.com>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Circling Group & VUAC
From: "Rogers, Ron" <RR124640@ncr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:38:45 -0400
What I find bothersome about a comment like "As far as the VUAC goes, I
see that group as being rather worthless" on a reflector frequented by
serious and professional VHF-UHF contesters is that it indicates some
people have not done the research and STILL do not understand what the
purpose (and limits) of the VUAC is.

Let's be clear with the facts, boys and girls.

The fact remains that the VUAC only makes recommendations about rules
changes and they ARE NOT the group chartered with actually changing or
re-writing the rules. That function and power resides in a different
(and salaried) branch of the ARRL.

I know first hand that a variety of recommendations made by the VUAC
last year were taken under advisement by the other branch, implemented,
not implemented, and in one case, implemented, but "word smithed"  after
their own interpretation of the rule intent so as to completely alter
the original intent of the recommended rule.

You need to find your ARRL officials drawing salary (from your dues) and
pound on them about this stuff. NOT the people that are giving up time
and energy as volunteers trying to help you people !

Ron
WW8RR