Re: [VHFcontesting] Response to a couple of the threads delete if you do

To: k3uhf@hotmail.com, "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Response to a couple of the threads delete if you don't care
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:52:31 -0600
Frank - You wrote in part:
        I bring up the grid circlers logs because KK6MC used them to their
defense. I can’t find the logs online. Maybe I am assuming too much
when I think the        group gave them to him in order to defend
themselves. (Like a 527 group). I don’t know that. But if you knew
what you knew to defend them.
Let me clarify my sources of information. I have no inside
information. I am flattered to think that you think I am in good
enough with the CA group for them to send me their logs. But I am not,
I assure you. I obtained the 15 grids that KG6TOA visited from the
Soapbox post. I deduced that he operated on 4 bands from the facts
that he has operated from 10 bands roving before so he almost
certainly has 4 bands ready to go, and the fact that he was traveling
with stations that had 10 bands, again from the soapbox, so his would
be a subset of theirs. He is a serious competitor and I can't imagine
him competing with less than the full suite of bands the rules allow.
I also deduce that he operated on the 4 bands that would give him 4
points per QSO rather than the lower bands with their lower point
value as those he traveled with had capability on those bands and that
would maximize his score. The evidence supports the deductions.
W3DHJ posted his results with QSOs and multipliers by bands as well as
grids visited on the 3830 list that is available for anyone to look
at. So that is no secret.
I am friends with W3DHJ and we exchange e-mails. Our paths crossed
during the CQ contest:
< http://www.jonz.net/W3DHJ/vhfrover.html >
scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
We did not grid square, although I worked him 8 times from 4 grids
when he was in 2 grids. That helped both our scores a lot.
What is a 527 group? - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey