[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in UHF contest

To: NMContesters@contesting.com, NMqrp@yahoogroups.com, RMVHF+ <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, NLRS <NLRS@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in UHF contest
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:13:47 -0600
I had a great time in the UHF contest, despite a modest score. I roved
to 9 grids, made 24 contacts in 3 different grids. I am happy with
this given the usual low level of activity in the UHF contest in NM.

I only operated 432 MHz, which contributed to the low score. Yes, I
will add 220 MHz before the next contest. I managed to operate from
DM72, a NM grid I have not previously visited. I am trying to operate
from all 22 NM grids and now only have one left. Then I will need a
new long term VHF/UHF contesting goal.

I was inspired in part to operate in the UHF contest by the Northern
Lights Radio Society Rovermania! activity designed to get a lot of
rovers out for the UHF contest. Thanks guys for the inspiration.

I have posted more details of the rove and a few pictures to the ARRL
Soapbox if you are interested.

< http://www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox/index.html?
con_id=157&call=KK6MC >

Thanks for taking the time to read my brag. -Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey