Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 902.010 for contests?

To: "Steve Tripp \\(K1IIG\\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] 902.010 for contests?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:25:12 -0500 (CDT)
I'm using either the KD6OZH circuit built dead-bug style or the VE1ALQ
circuit along with the KD6OZH PLL circuitry for my phase-locked LO's.
Both LO's work great with that PLL circuit.

But yes, at 903 MHz the accuracy is going to be pretty good and the
stability will also be good without the PLL. I don't use a PLL on my 1296
LO either. If you have a known beacon in your area you can use that to
calibrate the LO. I have the K3SIW beacon to listen to here.

I may take a different approach on 47 and 78 GHz. K3SIW has a design for a
direct frequency synthesis LO he's using on 47 GHz. It's similar to the
circuit WA1ZMS uses in his world-record millimiter-wave equipment but
Garry has made a few improvements.

73, Zack W9SZ