Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5
From: "Radioman" <radioman01@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:48:00 -0400
Allen,
In this case, it my be wise to get a TIB, and when you switch the TIB
To on it triggers the ALC in the radio to a lower power setting.
And when you shut it down, back to normal power so you don't over drive the
Transverter, if you only want to use 10 watts from the transverter then
adjust it down, (KISS) (keep it simple stupid) less points of failure and
less things to remember during the heat of the battle.

Also the low power category is less then 150 watts, unless you mean QRP

Tony
NN1D

Computer Services Administrator
Dartmouth Police Department