Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5

To: Alan Muldawer <alan@muldawer.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 newbe questions #3-#5
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:41:52 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Alan,

Not sure about # 2 and 3 as I don't own a 756Pro, but there are a coup-le
ways to do #1. The simplest would be to reduce your drive level to where
you have 10 watts out. This should be relatively easy to do. The best way
might be one of DEM's TIB units.  The TIB-850 is the only reliable way
I've found to use a TS-850S with transverters without doing any mods to
the rig itself.

The other possibility is to remove the power module or whatever Steve uses
for the 60 watts and replace it with a lower power unit.  There was a
non-ham selling some rare Mitsubishi power modules for 902 once but I
haven't contacted him in a while. But I believe the part number is M67773.
I got a couple from him.  Very nice modules. 10 watts out for 1 milliwatt
in. That's what I use in my transverter for QRP-portable operation on 902.

73, Zack W9SZ