[VHFcontesting] Publishing logs

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Publishing logs
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:57:36 -0700
I agree that all submitted contest logs should be published after the
contest is over. This would give credibility to the log checking
process.

If I am not in the log (NIL) and lose a contact, then who or what is
in the log at that time?  There is no way to independently verify that
the QSOs one lost in the log checking process should have been lost.
The ARRL rejects any notion of mediation of single QSO
disqualifications even though one may have viable evidence that the
QSO is good. Publishing logs would confirm that the log checking
process is accurate and that there is no need for those who lost QSOs
to believe that the log checking process was at fault, rather than the
QSO participants. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey