Re: [VHFcontesting] Publishing logs

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Publishing logs
From: "Radioman" <radioman01@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:51:45 -0500
I don't usually get involved in these debates, I normally just watch along
with many others, but what you're asking here has been done, noted below...

Your personal log is not public, but your "contest log" is if you're
submitting for any awards or what ever, point blank its to keep the
submitter and the log-checker honest or accountable, and what your asking
for is it not to be "public", is like saying the ARRL can be trusted with
information never mind the private agendas and personal connections. BULL!

I asked the question some time ago before this started about paper logs.
Example:

I see that AF1T did really well in New England but nothing was there to
prove it, except trust that the ARRL's robots did the job. Again BULL!

And I say this because some IN THE PAST have reported QSO's for bands they
don't have, and I have asked these stations
For a radio test on those bands and I get I don't have that band. But the
submitted record shows they do.

And these are or were stations in the Public "eye"

I'm not saying AF1T had any trouble or is trouble, it was just the question
asked about no viewable record, so with no record to prove it, it will raise
eyebrows to us that try our very best, and have lack of faith in the
establishment.  To inspect the inspector as how it was put, or make
everything accountable is the now public out-cry

Tony

> W2EV said -

> We operate openly, on public airwaves and able to be surveilled without
> our knowledge by anyone with a receiver -- yet the claimed result of that
> operation is hidden from view of other licensed participants.
>
> Publish those logs.

What right do you have to my logs??? None. If you're so interested in what
someone else is doing then spend your time following them around noting who
they work. The airwaves are "public", my log is not.

I'll spend my time operating.

It is up to the sponsor of the contest to properly adjudicate the results.

Privacy is not an admission of guilt.

AA9D