Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem....
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:06:45 -0800 (PST)
> - Studying the ARRL rules, I see that there is a way for me
> to generate a HUGE score by grid circling with my buddies.  COOL!
>
> Should I be punished or excluded or treated like a leper
> because I figured out a way to Make Big Scores?

Not according to the present adjudicating strategies.  In fact, despite failing
to meet the objective of the contest (first rule in each contest), they are
rewarded by seeing their call sign in the top-10 printed in QST, while other
operators who squarely met the contests' objective must go to the web to see
how they stacked up.