Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem....
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:47:07 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Kenneth E. Harker <kenharker@kenharker.com> wrote:

> Imagine an HF contest where a multi-op claimed QSO credit
> for QSOs with its
> own operators.  Upon investigation, you found out that they
> actually used a
> separate radio on the other side of the room with a light
> bulb or a dummy
> load as an antenna to make those QSOs.  That station would
> be disqualified
> with good cause.

If the other station was a separate rig, never used for the main multiop setup,
and if the operators of station #2 never operated the main multiop station, I
do not see how that is a violation of the rules.  I think the same thing goes
for the grid circling stations-they are all separate, self contained stations,
each with their own operator, who take turns working each other.

73s John AA5JG