Re: [VHFcontesting] FT897D comments - 857-d/ 897d 6m oscillation

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT897D comments - 857-d/ 897d 6m oscillation
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:15:08 -0800 (PST)
This link says it all.
Greg

Greg Chartrand wrote:

> I disagree, read the 857 digest, there are all sorts of magical fixes
> that seem to work but ultimately fail.

So what did you find is the reason the amplifiers stages broke into
oscillation? Please share with us how you fixed it so we can all learn from
you. I'm especially curious since you are able to classify possible fixes as
"magical".

If a radio "ultimately fails", it could very well be that the fix was not
applied properly, or that the problem simply reoccurred.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org