Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS antique 144 rf strip

To: "Bruce Herrick" <bdh@teleport.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS antique 144 rf strip
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:26:36 -0500
Hi Bruce,

A hydrogen thyratron WHO - WHAT???  Never heard of anything using hydrogen,
but the word thyratron does ring a bell.  Thanks for the info on your VHF
Handbook, was 22 when it was published.  Had fun building from my father's
(never licensed) 1947 ARRL Handbook, why he had it I never knew.  Got a 1927
ARRL Handbook too.  The early tube rigs were very simple, some even
breadboard.  Seems 5 meters was the big VHF band many years ago.

Memories!

Bill   VE3CRU