[VHFcontesting] Gremlins and this weekend's contest

To: "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Gremlins and this weekend's contest
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:50:32 -0600
Well, the Gremlins hit here as well. N9IFG/R is off the air, the 20 below
weather has destroyed coax (the plastic shield literally shatters when
moved), bolts snap off (cheap steel, but I cannot afford stainless on
everything!), and I lost a coolant hose on the rover itself and it's just
too darn cold out to fix right now.

Maybe next contest. Sigh.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but do you notice a pattern, at
least here in the midwest? From my limited memory:

2 years ago it was wicked cold, but tolerable

Last year we called it off because of the dangerous weather

This year we called it off because of the dangerous weather

And now, for a totally anti-environmental statement: BRING BACK GLOBAL
WARMING!!! J

Then of course there were the 50+ MPH winds we had at Field Day.

CONTESTING IS FUN!