Re: [VHFcontesting] VUCC Card Checking Question

To: "Sebastian" <w4as@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUCC Card Checking Question
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:36:45 -0800 (PST)
Still doesn't hurt to use the 6 digit grid...  My biggest "pet peeve" when
receiving QSL's, especially after a contest rove, is the sending station 9
times out of 10 neglects to indicate which grid _I_  was in when the QSO
was made.  In order to properly confirm, I have to dig thru several pages
of contest log in the hopes of finding the QSO so the person sending me
the card gets credit for the appropriate grid square!!!!  More to the
point, these usually are SASE, some even have prefilled QSO information,
requiring me to sign and return...  BUT without that critical bit of
information, it sits in the QSL "inbox" until I can "getaroundtuit"...

Something to think about when the portable guys go out to light up those
rare ones!!!
Eric
KB7DQH