Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Squaring and Scoring Changes

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid Squaring and Scoring Changes
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:48:19 -0600
Just two comments.

First, I have often wondered why the big three VHF contests (June/Sept/Jan)
have the same format.   If you include the UHF contest, that makes four.
Wouldn't it be fun to have some other formats ?   Distance scoring is one
possibility, are there others ?

Second, regarding distance scoring, I have seen a lot of comments that it
would be a good idea, but I have not seen any suggestions as to what the
rules would actually look like ..... so make some suggestions.   When doing
so, consider how to handle 6m, not to mention the uW bands.   Also, design
the rules so that they are enforceable and understandable.

73, Jon
W0ZQ