Re: [VHFcontesting] distance scoring

To: <k4ea@k4ea.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] distance scoring
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:30:44 -0700
That is not true.

Stew Perry is unique as you get more points for working low power stations
but power is not part of the exchange.  The final score is determined after
the logs are sent in.

Paper logs would just have to be input by someone.

You let the scoring system calculate the final score.

Yes computer logging is more convenient but not a must have.

>From what I have been told from contest sponsors, less than 5 percent of the
logs are not computer Cabrillo files.

Are many people still doing hand written logs?  I would have guess more
voice recorders that were transcribed after the contest.

never get over." Ben Franklin