[VHFcontesting] The Psychology of Contest Participation

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The Psychology of Contest Participation
From: "Shupienis, Joseph" <jshupienis@ccac.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:53:22 -0500
"People who enter competitions must realize that they may not win. It is not up
to the contest sponsor to make it so a person's esteem is satisfied." - K7CW

Not my point at all. My point is more on the line of, "People rarely enter
competitions they realize they cannot win. People do enter contests to see how
they stack up in a fair competition. It *IS* up to the contest sponsor to give
every entrant a fair shot at success in an appropriate category, otherwise many
will not bother entering their contest."

Human nature being what it is, most normal people prefer to, in street
parlance, "Pick on somebody their own size."

73, de Joe, W3BC