Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.
From: Sebastian <w4as@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:08:46 -0400
That is incorrect.  Section 97.119 of Part 97 states:  (a) Each
amateur station, except a space station or telecommand station, must
transmit its assigned call sign on its transmitting channel at the end
of each communication, and at least every 10 minutes during a
communication, for the purpose of clearly making the source of the
transmissions from the station known to those receiving the
transmissions.

And I agree with Jay's method, that's what I use, and that's what most
hams use during a contest.

73 de W4AS
Sebastian