Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: "Kutzko, Sean, KX9X" <kx9x@arrl.org>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:44:39 -0500
I'd like to congratulate the league on these steps. The original idea behind
the limited rover category was to allow newcomers like myself to try their
hand at roving, and still be competitive. Removing the loophole that allowed
(legally) stations to equip rovers with the highest bands for larger point
totals should help serve that original intent.

This may alter my own plans for the June contest. Can I now ask a newbie
question? If I chose to make contacts on higher bands such as 1.2ghz or
10ghz but not submit them for points in my log, can other stations still
legally claim those contacts?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf