[VHFcontesting] answer for jim and the other question about proof

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] answer for jim and the other question about proof
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:56:29 -0700
Jim,

I will say it again, Wayne’s group is known for their grid circling I
acknowledge that they may not circle the same points of dirt anymore.  Now that
it has been modified,  they would have to be idiots to grid circle because they
would hit 100 qsos 4 times quicker than they would hit 100 multipliers with an
partner station.  The bulk of the unethical practice of grid circling remains
the same and no matter how you pick at the definition this remains truly
controversial.   They are much closer to pack rovers who only work themselves
and some home stations like yours Jim.  If the ARRL writes back I will clarify
that for you.
So in stead of robbing us blind they are just robbing us, the ethical issue of
working themselves as a team for a vast majority of their qsos and all of their
multipliers remains the same.

Someone asked about the proof
I put out comparisons of the log entry summaries last fall and winter showing
how the limited rovers had nearly identical number of qsos and the same number
multipliers.  What is the chance of this happening in a group traveling
together if they are not just working themselves for most if not vitrtually all
of their contacts.   There is still a shadow of a doubt this could of happened
by chance, but it only can be cleared up by posting the logs that we as ARRL
members own.  They also boast of their behavior on their webpage.

This pushback on the ethics issue is like my kid pushing back when I scold him
for calling someone a horse’s butt and he responds that he technically used no
dirty words for a 1st grader.

k3uhf