Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:44:34 -0600
On May 27, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM, James Duffey
> <JamesDuffey@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, and the original Limited Rover category proposal by K5QE was
>
> Mike adds
>
> Oh and don't forget K5QE and a host of others are going to be in EL-58
> this week end on HF and 50 MHz

W1AW/0 will also be on air as a special event this weekend from the
Colorado HamCon ARRL Rocky Mountain Regional Convention, and a number
of us "VHF'ers" are making sure there is a 50 MHz and UP station on
the air... listen for us this weekend also.  HF and just about
everything else.

(The owner of the W0KVA Multi-Op station's "Comm Trailer" is taking
the major effort to set up the 50 MHz and up portion of W1AW/0 at the
convention using the trailer... we'll be setting up tomorrow, linking
the logging machines, and all that stuff... well, they will at
first... I'll be arriving on-site late since I'm still working on
other things I need to take up for D-STAR demonstrations.  There's
also a "How to build a VHF rover" type of seminar at the convention
this year for the first time.  That 6m beam that got sold out from
under us was supposed to be here for this weekend's activity... but
we'll make due...)

We'll look for K5QE on 6 and elsewhere... point toward Estes Park, CO
and listen for W1AW/0 !

I enjoy a good e-mail rant-fest... been prowling USENET and other such
online forums since around 1985... but we'll be having ON THE AIR fun
this weekend!  :-)

See ya on the bands,
--
Nate Duehr, WY0X