[VHFcontesting] EN39 On The Air Update- VE3/KC8QVO

To: hfpack@yahoogroups.com, hfnow@yahoogroups.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EN39 On The Air Update- VE3/KC8QVO
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:39:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I just wanted to post an update so if I don't get a chance between now and when
I hit the road I will have it covered!

Everything is packed up ready to roll. I put my antennas in for all 3 bands
(6m, 2m, 70cm) as well as some HF stuff.

I have a graduation to go to tomorrow. Once that is over I will be headed over
to a friend's place to work on a radio/antenna installation, and then from
there I will be rolling to Canada. So much to do so little time... I am
surprised I got where I am right now with packing HI. Though it is 1:30am and I
have to get up at 7am for a FULL day of activities. Oh well, it will all be
worth it!

Everything is on track for getting there on Tuesday evening (the 16th). As long
as we hit the road at a decent time on Monday we should be able to make it a
decent way through Wisconsin. The further we get on day 1 the less we have to
drive on day 2. In the past we have stopped in Chicago, but that leaves 12
hours of driving the next day. Last year we stopped in Duluth, MN for a second
night. I really don't want to do that again. One more day on the road is one
less day there.

Again, I will not have internet access except very intermittently (maybe once
the whole trip, twice if I am lucky and have the desire to check e-mails HI).
If you hear me on the air PLEASE POST ON THE REFLECTORS! That will help me out
a bunch. If you know of any other VHF groups that would be interested in my
information, feel free to copy and paste this or just mention my info (locator,
dates, etc) so they know as well.

I updated my QRZ listing. After playing with it for a bit I figured out how to
work the google maps section - you can change the grid locator by dragging the
marker on the map to where ever you want. So, I moved my marker to the island!
You should be able to zoom in on it (at least it worked for me).

Lets hope propagation goes well! I am really looking forward to getting the
radios set up and racking up some QSO's with everyone.

Steve, KC8QVO