[VHFcontesting] Relay Termination Loads

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Relay Termination Loads
From: kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

I have finally purchased 2 coaxial relays for my 1.2ghz yagi antenna setup. I
see on the diagrams that a 50ohm load is needed on one side. My question is
what should the required wattage be of the termination load? I see some loads
for sale on Ebay (Narda 370 BNM) with a spec of DC-18Ghz 5 watts. Would these
be sufficient if I plan to run no more than 250watts max? Most likely I will be
only using 10watts from my Yaesu FT-736R but I do have a 250watt amp available.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin NZ1I