Re: [VHFcontesting] IC-910H and Mirage Amp keying

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] IC-910H and Mirage Amp keying
From: Ray J <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:29:57 -0500
Unless operating FM or CW most of the time.. . the 2518 amp is not all
that great..  since you have a 100 watt (linear)radio already....

  Using Single Sideband, You cannot run any more than110 watts output
peak with the amplifier before it starts splattering..
(this in in the amp manual.).

at 140-160 watts output, it can be splattering up to 20kc of the band..
any neighboring hams will be very unhappy with you..

w9Ray