Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging
From: Tad Danley <tdanley@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:23:55 -0500
Kevin Hobbs wrote:
> Hi Gang;
>
> Hopefully this topic is acceptable.

Hi Kevin, for both HF and VHF/UHF I use N1MM for contesting and DXLab
Suite for general logging, award tracking etc.  It is just a couple of
mouse clicks to import contest logs into DXLab from N1MM, and a couple
more to upload logged contacts to ARRL Logbook of the World.

Like you, I shy away from anything that has a steep learning curve just
to get started.  Both N1MM and DXLabSuite are very robust and can do a
lot, but they also have Quick Start Guides that help you use the
programs.  I strongly suggest you consult the QSGs!  Anything that
integrates with your station (rig control, voice and cw keyer, etc) adds
another level of complexity, but if a Luddite like me can do it, anyone can.

N1MM and DXLab Suite are both free, updated regularly with enhancements
and very well supported including dedicated yahoogroups.  I have never
operated as a rover - but may just give it a try with my TS-2000 - so I
can't tell you if the rover mode is supported by N1MM but I'm sure
someone here can.

http://www.n1mm.com/
http://www.pvrc.org/~n4zr/Quick.htm

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/