Re: [VHFcontesting] Brain pickin' time

To: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Brain pickin' time
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:36:08 -0400
Neat stuff, but to me, it looks like it would take far too long to set up
and take down.  Part of roving is the ability to move to new grids as often
as possible.  If you spend 20 minutes putting up and 20 more taking down,
that's 40 minutes out of your operating time.  In a contest that only runs
33 hours, that would be a big chunk of time if repeated each time you wanted
to activate a grid.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for.  Others will likely have
more technical information on antenna height for the bands involved, but
that's my take on it.

Now... find me a used TV or radio station van with one of those crank-up
masts out of the roof and we'll talk!

Steve
K4GUN/R