Re: [VHFcontesting] Upgrade for your Rover?

To: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Upgrade for your Rover?
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:40:21 -0400
I have one of these on the back of the Jitney .. it's an awesome rover
mast, makes for very quick setup/takedown and it's made of a very
high-strength but light aluminum alloy. I got mine for $50 direct from
the gov at Dugway Proving Grounds surplus outlet in UT back in the
80's. My understanding is they were originally used for a portable
lighting system, the original configuration has 4 legs that swing down
and are braced with diagonal poles up to the top. Used it for years
for FD, etc .. but once I started playing V/U/uW it was obvious it
would make a great rover mast.

see http://www.flickr.com/photos/62588861@N00/3586812727/

de w1rt/john