Re: [VHFcontesting] I'm confused

To: "'Joe Serocki'" <joeserocki@gmail.com>, "'\(Radio\) VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] I'm confused
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 03:04:12 -0400
First, I think you guys are talking about different contests.  Mike doesn't
say it but from the context I believe he is talking about the CQWW VHF
contest.  They have their own rules with regards to rovers.  For the ARRL
UHF contest, you are correct.  The only difference between a limited rover
and classic rover are the max of 4 bands and TX power limits.  One thing I
noticed in the rules and I am copying Sean on is that they say any four
bands of your choosing.  That was changed earlier this year and I believe it
should read the four lowest bands which for the UHF contest would be 222,
432, 902/903 and 1296.  That is correct isn't it Sean?

73
Jim, W4KXY

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are.  If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
Richard P. Feynman