[VHFcontesting] W3BC/R CQ VHF itinerary

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3BC/R CQ VHF itinerary
From: "Shupienis, Joseph" <jshupienis@ccac.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:21:29 -0400
Sorry for the repeat, but just a reminder that I'm donating significant $$$ to
feed the starving oil tycoons, and sure would like to pass out some points to
all who can hear me! Please point toward the black hole of Pennsylvania once in
a while and listen for my puny signal.

The W3BC rover wagon is ready to go to a couple new grids along the Allegheny
Front this year. Taking advice from more experienced VHF contesters on this
reflector, I've researched and reconnoitered these sites and all three of them
are well over 1000' HAAT  -- and FN10 and FM19 are over 1300' HAAT!(!) (2350,
2430 and 2380 AMSL). Each site was selected to have exceptionally clear shots
to Baltimore, Washington and the Philadelphia area.

Just guessing at the frequencies, but look for W3BC/R at 50.186 and 144.186 on
Saturday from FN10db, FM19aw, and FM09v v. The time frame is 1800z from FN10,
2030z from FM19 and 0000z for FM09. If 6 is open, I'll operate while in motion,
but can only do so with a vertical whip, so listen carefully!

On Sunday, the frequencies will be the same, and the locations will be the
usual ones in FN00ox, FN01qf and FN11be, time permitting. And all of this is
weather permitting, too. Thunderstorms and lightning will make it "very, very
frightening" and may force an early teardown. Let's hope for clear weather!

Another new wrinkle - I'll be running APRS while enroute.

I will gladly make skeds but can't make exact guarantees, due to guessing at
travel times over unfamiliar routes, and the adventures of navigating Penndot
"construction" "work" (They should put up a sign: "Your tax dollars at rest!")
73 de Joe, W3BC