[VHFcontesting] DM82

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] DM82
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:11:37 -0600
The comments on DM82 have been interesting to me. DM82 was the last
grid I needed to operate from to complete having roved from all 22 NM
grids. I did it in the September 2008 contest and made a grand total
of one contact from the grid. I operated from the mesa above Maljamar
and connected with W6RQR in Capitan on 2M.

Even with only one contact, it was a goal accomplished and we
celebrated with a nice dinner at the Wellhead, a microbrewery and
restaurant in Artesia, NM. If you can stand the smell of oil in the
air in the trip from your car to the restaurant, it is very good dining.

I can go back to DM82 one of these days if there is enough interest,
but you guys in west Texas have to promise to get on. :^)= - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey