Re: [VHFcontesting] rover__ Jim and Duffy's posts.

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rover__ Jim and Duffy's posts.
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 9/21/09, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> what learning curve you are on.  We are talking about
> the principle of having a balanced set of rules where people
> can enter a category with the expectation of competing with
> others who operate in the same fashion.

But that never happens in any contest.  As I said before, many people are
putting more operating time in than I am, and the rules don't account for that.
 Some have much bigger stations that I have, so they operate differently than I
do.  Some live in a more VHF operator dense area so they operate differently
than I do.  In the CQ HF contests they at least created a tribander single
element category to try and help equalizing operating styles somewhat.  The
only way the VHF contests have attempted anything like that is thru the high
power and low power categories.

73s John AA5JG