Re: [VHFcontesting] question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] question
From: Cy Kurtz <ckurtz11@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:29:24 -0400
I, too, ditched DirecTV a while ago, and I've been wondering the same sorts of
things. My DirecTV dish is mounted on an eave.

Wouldn't it be neat to have a 2m vertical there? I think it's wise to leave
the coax in place. Is it 75 ohm?  I'll bet there's some way to use it for
receive at least, but I wonder just what sort of power that cable could
stand.

If nothing else, you now have a nice high dipole midpoint, even if you have to
run some coax to it.

Also wouldn't it be neat to use that mounting bracket for solar panels?

Cy